Entry to the Museum is by timed ticket. Advance timed tickets are suggested for best availability. Please note, service fees apply for online ticket sales.
Members may use their membership card for admission anytime. Please see below for more information.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Morgan Library & Museum is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:30 am to 5 pm, and Friday from 10:30 am to 7 pm.
The Morgan closes at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and 5 pm on New Year's Eve.
Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
$14 Seniors (65 and over)
$13 Students (with current ID)
Free to children 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult)
Discounted admission of $13 is available for disabled visitors, admission is free for accompanying caregivers. Admission to the historic rooms of J. Pierpont Morgan’s Library is free Tuesday and Sunday 3 to 5 pm. Reservations for these free hours are not required.
The Morgan Garden
The Morgan Garden reopens Friday, May 5 through Sunday, October 29, 2023.
Our Free Friday programs take place 5 to 7 pm every Friday. Reservations are required.
Tickets are available one week in advance.
Memberships and Passes
Complimentary tickets are available at the Ticketing Desk anytime with a valid membership card or pass for the following programs:
- Morgan Members
- Corporate Members
- American Association of Museums (AAM)
- Cool Culture Family Pass
- SNAP/EBT Cardholders
- International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Museums Council of New York City
- Other Museum Staff
Tickets are available at the Ticketing Desk with a valid membership card or pass. No advanced reservations required.
For information about our services for visitors with disabilities, please visit our access page.
A selection of beverages and snacks are now available in the Morgan Café. The Café is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm, and Friday from 11 am to 6:30 pm. Reservations are not required.
The Morgan Dining Room is currently closed.
Coat check is closed. All garments, backpacks, briefcases, and bags must remain on your person and cannot be left unattended. Umbrellas must be contained within an admissibly-size bag. Luggage, sealed boxes, garment bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, flowers, food, and musical instruments may not be brought into the museum.
You can prepare for your visit by downloading and accessing materials on your mobile device or printing materials in advance:
Your safety, as well as the safety of our staff, is our top priority. Please help us ensure a safe visit for everyone by following these guidelines.
Prior to your visit:
- Advanced time tickets are suggested.
- Regardless of weather, any entry queues will form outside the building.
- If you have fever, chills, cough, muscle pains, headache, loss of taste or smell, or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19 prior to your visit, please contact us to reschedule or to arrange a full refund.
- The Morgan retains the right to close at its discretion. If the Museum closes on the day or time of your visit following your ticket purchase, we will alert you and issue an automatic refund.
- If you have a disability or health condition and have concerns about your ability to comply with any of the requirements below, please contact us in advance of your visit.
During your visit:
- By entering the museum, you agree to our updated Visitor Guidelines and Policies.
- Masks are encouraged for those attending public programs.
- Our visitor services staff may request contact information to facilitate visitor research. You may decline participation in research, by unsubscribing from our e-mail list at any time.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious conditions exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting the Morgan Library & Museum voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
Questions? We are here to help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-685-0008 extension 560.